Colleges and Schools
Your support of individual colleges within the University of Cincinnati helps support scholarships, research and special programs throughout UC. Select a college below to learn more about that school's vision and read about funds that have been identified as priorities.
College of Allied Health Sciences
The College of Allied Health Sciences educates and prepares future health and other health science professionals to provide high-quality service in their respective fields. In conjunction with community-based partners, students achieve clinical skills and learn the values of critical thinking, good communication, teamwork, cultural competence and service learning. The college's faculty is committed to excellence in teaching, research, service and leadership.
The College of Allied Health Sciences aspires to be a preeminent leader in healthcare profession and education, to nurture its students so they meet their fullest potential and allow them to become outstanding professionals and individuals. Together, the college of allied health sciences and its alumni will transform our healthcare community through proper clinical treatment, prevention, skill and knowledge.
- College of Allied Health Sciences Annual Fund Unrestricted funds that are used to support faculty, students, and programs where the need is greatest.
- Dean’s Discretionary Fund Dean’s support for programmatic needs, facility upgrades, student travel and activities; and purchases of clinical learning equipment
- SOAR Scholarship Fund Student Opportunities for Achieving Recognition (SOAR) scholarships are merit-based and awarded to CAHS undergraduate and transfer students.
Analytical & Diagnostic
Health Information Management
- Amanda Blackmon Heitkamp Scholarship Fund This scholarship has been established in memory of Amanda Blackmon Heitkamp, a 2009 DPT alumni who passed away in 2012 of ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease). Amanda graduated in the first DPT class for UC and she received her Health Sciences degree in 2003 from UC. Amanda’s character endeared her to her classmates and faculty and she established herself as an outstanding individual who was passionate about the profession, truly dedicating herself to the caring for and giving to others.This scholarship will support two students in their 2nd year of the DPT program who possess many of the wonderful qualities as Amanda. Preference will be given to graduates of CAHS’s Health Sciences degree.
- Beth A. Bextermueller Rehabilitation Sciences Endowment Fund This fund was established to honor Beth A. Bextermueller, program director for Rehabilitation Sciences, for her dedication and passion to improve the experience and lives of Doctoral Physical Therapy and Health Sciences students at the college. Beth retired in January 2015. The fund will provide scholarships and clinical experience support for Rehabilitation Sciences students.
- Pacholder Foundation Student Aid Fund Established by Sylvia Pacholder and her husband to serve as a source of emergency scholarships for students in the PT and PTA programs
- Rehabilitation Sciences Discretionary Fund Funds used to purchase equipment for use in the teaching labs to enhance student learning
- Rehabilitation Sciences Scholarship Fund Supports student scholarships
School of Social Work and Health Administration
Brian H. Hurst
Senior Director of Development, College of Allied Health Sciences
Program Director, Alumni and External Affairs