Student Life Initiatives
ADVANCE Program Fund
An African American student organization created to promote preparation for career success and enhance career awareness.
African American Cultural and Research Center Fund
AACRC advocates for cultural and racial understanding in higher education, and serves as a resource about the Black experience through peer mentoring and first year experience programs for students.
Career Resource Center Fund
Provides a centralized, comprehensive professional services center complete with coursework, employer on-campus recruiting, career fairs, individualized counseling and planning workshops.
Cooperative Education Innovation Fund
Enhances the programmatic endeavors of the UC Co-op Program, such as travel grants for co-op students, expansion of International Co-op, assessment, endowed chairs, and new program and job development.
Disability Services Fund
Dedicated to empowering students with disabilities through the delivery of reasonable accommodations, support services, and tutoring assistance while educating the UC community to see beyond disabilities to the richness of inclusion.
Greek Affairs Endowment Fund
Supports educational programming, leadership development and activities offered by UC’s Greek system.
Jed Small/Sigma Sigma Scholarship Fund
Scholarship for qualifying UC students who are lineal descendants (children or grandchildren) of Sigma Sigmas, in honor of Jed Small’s unparalleled leadership and commitment to making a difference in the quality of life for many, especially young people.
Just Community Gift Fund
Supports campus-wide programs and activities promoting social justice.
Student Activities & Leadership Development Fund
Promotes meaningful student involvement and provides leadership and direction for more than 300 student organizations, as well as offering a full range of activities, lectures, and cultural programs for the entire University community.
UC Child Care Fund
Supports the construction and maintenance of playgrounds, development of curriculum, and child care scholarships for low-income student parents.
UC/Habitat for Humanity House Fund
Covers the materials and needed supplies to construct an affordable home for a deserving family in UC’s Uptown neighborhood, which is built by UC students, faculty and staff.
Women's Center Fund
Promotes the advancement of women on campus, serves as a resource for student parents, and provides programming on a wide-range of topics such as body and health awareness, LGBTQ concerns, sexual assault awareness and violence prevention.
The Bearcat Bands have set up several scholarship funds and endowments to provide financial assistance to members of the band in recognition of their time and commitment given to the organization. These endowments also help to ensure the long-term financial stability of the organization.
If you are interested in supporting the UC Bearcat Bands by providing a tax deductible gift, please feel free to click on any of the following links to process your donation.
UC Band Scholarship Endowment Fund
- In 1988, members of the UC Bearcat Bands Alumni Association established the UC Band Scholarship Endowment Fund
- This fund awards incremental scholarships for participation and retention of Bearcat Bands members
James Morand Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship for a Bearcat Bands member
- Recipient must play a brass instrument, have sophomore to senior status, be in good academic standing and exemplify the characteristics of Dr. James Morand
Julie Benken Memorial Drum Major Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship for a Bearcat Bands member
- Recipient must be/have been a Drum Major during his/her tenure with the Bands
- A memorial fund to honor the tremendous passion and commitment Julie had for the Bearcat Bands as a student and as a volunteer
Bearcat Bands Annual Fund
- Helps defray the costs of operating the Bearcat Bands
- Helps pay for Band Camp expenses
- Assists with the purchase and repair of equipment, music and uniforms
R. Robert and Mary Hornyak Scholarship Fund
- The R. Robert and Mary Hornyak Scholarship Fund will be a prestigious award given annually to one member of the Bearcat Bands. The recipient will excel in musicianship, leadership and in academics, possessing a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.20.