The ten libraries that comprise University of Cincinnati Libraries are an essential part of the academic infrastructure that supports the outstanding teaching, learning, and research that takes place at the University of Cincinnati. The goal of the libraries is to be the information and research gateway of first choice for the UC community.
UC’s Libraries provide access to excellent research collections of more than 3.7 million volumes, over 103,000 electronic and print journal titles, 700+ online databases and more than 536,000 electronic books.
UC Libraries offer:
- 24/7 access to Libraries’ Web site and electronic resources
- wireless access throughout all libraries
- first-stop service points offering personalized assistance
- UCit@Langsam, 24/7 computer and study space
- access to 48 million items through OhioLINK Central Catalog
- study rooms for quiet or collaborative study
- individual study carrels
- computers and specialized software
- computer labs for library classes and workshops
- centers for the use of multimedia resources
- multimedia equipment borrowing for course assignments
- specialized services for the physically challenged
Gifts to UC’s Libraries provide an important investment that has an appreciable and lasting impact on UC students, faculty, and staff. Top funding opportunities include:
Library Facilities and Furnishings
- Renovate Langsam and Blegen Libraries to meet the needs of 21st century learners and researchers by providing up-to-date individual and group research and study areas for UC students and faculty.
- Expand books, electronic full-text journals, and online databases to support UC’s academic priorities, distance learning, and UC’s Centers of Excellence.
- Provide support to digitize, catalog, and preserve unique collections to make them more accessible to students, faculty, and research community-at-large.
Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions
- Expand endowment support for a full-time professional archivist and operations/program needs.
Other Gift Opportunities
- Make a gift to the library, collection, or program of your choice.
Gifts to University of Cincinnati Libraries will help fulfill our mission of providing excellent research collections, quality service, engaging learning environments, and innovative instruction in support of the University of Cincinnati’s comprehensive mission of teaching, research, and community service.